Exploring outdoors is always fun, especially with new gadgets and technologies we can now choose from. One of the most fun devices to use even for kids is the Garmin eTrex 10 GPS navigator.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced explorer, this Garmin GPS navigator will make the experience easier and more fun than ever. It helps you stay on track with minimal chances of getting lost along the route.
Continue reading to learn more about the device, what it brings, and how to use it.
- Waterproof casing – the device is rated to IPX7 standards for protection against rain, splashes, etc. This allows you to use it in different weather conditions.
- WAAS-enabled GPS receiver – it has Glonass and HotFix, providing a reliable signal as well as fast positioning.
- 2-inch display – it’s easy to use and enhances the overall experience. The screen offers a clear image and is easy to read in both night and day.
- Paperless geocaching – it provides precise information, cache descriptions, terrain information, logs, hints, etc.
- Preloaded worldwide basemap – its LCD screen shows the global base map information with each map featuring accurate GPS.
Garmin eTrex 10 is an entry-level handheld GPS unit. Made by one of the most popular companies, this unit is packed with unique technologies and innovative features.
Though it doesn’t come with as many features as the eTrex 20 model, it’s still quite convenient and useful. Its dimensions are relatively the same, but they differ in a few things such as color display and expandable memory.
Its quick GPS is one of the best features it comes with. The unit is compact and is simple to use in outdoor exploration, camping, hiking, geocaching, etc.
The casing is durable and rugged so that it can withstand some rough handling and occasional drop to the ground.
It has a long battery life you’ll find useful on your time outside. Plus, you can always bring extra batteries for just in case.
Reliable GPS Location
Its LCD shows worldwide map info and spot-on GPS. It’s a highly-sensitive GPS receiver that’s WAAS-enabled and has HotFix satellite prediction. This allows you to locate the position quickly and with utmost accuracy.
It doesn’t matter where you are since the Garmin GPS will maintain the position and coordinate even in extreme situations and locations. This means you can freely use it in dense woods and deep canyons without fearing you might lose your position.
eTrex 10 offers more than just GPS, allowing you to use it in a different country. It tracks both Glonass and GPS satellites to provide the highest accuracy possible.
The Russian Federation developed the Glonass. It does a fantastic job of finding your location up to 20% faster than GPS does.
Because the weather is unpredictable, you want to have a convenient and resistant unit with you. Working in perfect weather is easy, but what happens if it starts raining?
Garmin eTrex 10 is IPX7 waterproof, meaning it can work in the rain. Furthermore, the unit can withstand an occasional drop in water.
Long Battery Power
It’s a handheld device that you want to bring along wherever you go. To ensure it can do that, it provides up to 20 hours of runtime.
This allows days of activity and also reliability since you can use simple AA batteries if you ever need to replace them on the go.
- 2-inch display – it’s easy to read in both day and night.
- Glonass and GPS support – it provides accurate and quick locating.
- Preloaded world maps – it offers maps of the entire world that are already preloaded.
- Waterproof – it’s IPX7 waterproof and can withstand rain and drops in water.
- Long battery life – it sports up to 20 hours of runtime.
- Basic maps – it doesn’t show street names, banks, gas stations, etc.
- No clip included – it’s an entirely handheld device.
- No beeper – it doesn’t make any sounds to notify you of change.
If you’re going on a hike in an unfamiliar track, you might want to bring the Garmin eTrax 10 to be sure you find your way back home.
It’s a handheld device that’s lightweight and easy to use even if you’re a beginner. You shouldn’t have any issues figuring out how it works.
It offers a long battery life and is even waterproof so you can use it in different weather conditions and situations.
As always, the unit does come with some setbacks, but given its overall quality and reliability, these aren’t as significant. For this reason, you should consider it for the next time you’re exploring the outdoors.