Eagle Claw Telescopic Fishing Rod Review
Probably the only way to enjoy fishing is by having the proper equipment. Having a reliable fishing rod makes for a better experience and easier catching of the targeted fish.
If you’re looking for a rod that’s easy to use and carry around, you might want to consider the Eagle Claw Telescopic fishing rod. It’s among the most durable rods in its price range, and as such, it’s worth your attention.
This Eagle Claw model comes with a spinning combo reel and is easily portable. Take some time to read about its features and specifications in the article below.
- Spinning Reel – this one comes with a lightweight aluminum reel. It’s a great deal since the combination allows more relaxed and comfortable use. It also comes pre-loaded with monofilament line so you can use it right out of the box.
- EVA Foam Handle – you’ll appreciate its EVA handle if you’re often out in the water for extended periods. The handle is soft and offers a comfortable grip.
- Fiberglass Construction – it’s a resistant rod that’s made of durable materials. Its fiberglass construction is lightweight and robust, so the entire rod is long-lasting and not as easy to break.
- Ceramic Guides – these ensure that your line glides and doesn’t break as often even if you’re fishing often.
- Collapsible Design – it’s a telescopic rod, so you can collapse it for easier transport and storing.
Construction & Material
At first, you’ll notice how lightweight the construction is. However, it doesn’t affect quality but improves its usability and comfort it delivers.
It’s made from lightweight fiberglass that’s still durable and resistant. It also features wired framed ceramic guides to ensure your line doesn’t break due to frequent use.
Another material worth noting is the EVA foam featured in the handle. It offers a non-slippery grip and allows comfortable use even when wet.
Its reel seat is made of glass, but note that the rod comes with a reversible 10 reel. It’s pre-loaded with line and is meant for the line weight of 4-10, and lures weighing up to 1/8-1/2.
The reel handle is foldable as well, which means easier storage once the rod is also folded. The addition of this quality reel seat and the reel itself make the rod a good choice for on-the-go anglers. Its quality and the way in which it operates make the combo suitable for beginners and intermediate fishermen.
As we mentioned, this is a telescopic rod that collapses into a smaller size. Such a design offers easier storage and convenient portability since it packs nicely.
It’s made of sturdy and quality materials which reflect on the design itself. It features black and yellow colors, which makes the combo stand out when compared to other similar rods and reels.
Its ergonomically designed handle offers comfort even when it’s wet and especially during extended fishing trips. The 4+1 guides are designed to ensure the longevity of the line and help deliver your catch.
- Easy to Carry and Store – since it’s telescopic, the rod collapses into a compact size. This allows for easier portability and simpler storage. You can even pack it in your bag and carry it in a backpack/suitcase.
- Durable Construction – the combination of its materials and the way in which it was built make this Eagle Claw model quite durable. It’s strong to endure more massive bass and other such species.
- It Comes with a Reel – it features the lightweight Eagle Claw Ball Bearing Reel with an aluminum spool for some added convenience. Because it comes pre-loaded with monofilament line, you can use it right when it arrives.
- It’s lightweight and comfortable – it weighs only 10.9 ounces and has an EVA handle for a non-slippery grip.
- Suitable for Right and Left-Handed People – it’s a versatile combo that you can even share with other people regardless of which is your dominant hand.
- No Tip Protector – though some people think this isn’t as important, others will tell you that it’s necessary. It mainly depends on how you use the rod, but it’s evident that the lack of a tip protector can cause some problems.
- Only One Color Option – bright yellow might not be everyone’s favorite color, but sadly, it’s the only one available.
- Not the Most Durable Handle – though it’s comfortable and non-slippery, the handle tends to chip after some time.
Final Thoughts on Eagle Claw Telescopic Fishing Rod Review
This Eagle Claw rod/reel combo is among the best choices for beginners and intermediate anglers. It’s a handy combination that’s ready for use right as it arrives at your doorstep.
It’s pre-loaded with monofilament line, collapsible and perfect for traveling. However, as you can see, it has some minor draws backs that might be an issue later down the road. If those aren’t as important to you, and you care more about its great pros and benefits, this might be the right telescopic fishing rod for you.